A learning management system can pave the way for a variety of beneficial business results. You are investing in the success of your employees, customers, partners, and your organization as a whole when you spend money on online learning.
When adopting a new LMS, ensure its compatibility. The full integration of learning management systems into your technology stack is necessary for it to be completely effective. Otherwise, complexities will proliferate.
Furthermore, to evaluate the success of learning and development initiatives, it is critical to be aware of the possibilities for integrating your LMS with the rest of your enterprise software platforms.
This article discusses the different LMS integrations. However, before continuing, it is essential to learn about what is LMS integration and how LMS integrations can benefit your company.
What Is LMS Integration?
LMS integration refers to your learning management system’s capacity to receive and exchange data with other existing applications throughout your tech stack. It empowers you to merge valuable information from other software with that from your training tool and vice versa.
Your training program’s reach, effectiveness, and success can all be significantly improved by your learning management system. However, how well your LMS integrates with your existing tech will greatly influence how well it drives improvements in your company’s performance as a whole.
5 Types Of LMS Integrations And How They Benefit Your Business
Integrations can improve your LMS and speed up business processes in a variety of contexts by replacing manual procedures and tasks. This not only helps the firm save time, money, and other resources, but it also significantly improves the experience for users. Below mentioned are the various types of LMS integrations and their benefits.
1. API Integration
To share and synchronize information, you can link third-party apps to your LMS using an API (Application Programming Interface).
Most likely, you’ve used an API dozens of times. Companies use APIs to distribute content. Various travel websites use them to provide clients with the best prices, and financial firms use them to process transactions and verify account information, among other things.
Benefits Of API Integration:
- By allowing data to be transferred automatically from the LMS to third-party applications and vice versa, sharing training information, creation of course materials, upgrading, and deleting data are no longer necessary.
- Third-party API integrations can enable automatic generation of detailed reports.
2. CRM Integration
The center of your company’s operations is its customer relationship management (CRM) system. It keeps detailed records of client interactions and communication styles and identifies chances for future expansion strategy. Naturally, one cannot overstate how important it is to integrate your LMS with your CRM.
Most LMS platforms prefer Salesforce, which holds nearly 20% of the global market for CRM. Massive amounts of data can be significantly made more accessible with Salesforce integration.
Benefits Of CRM integration:
- When a customer account is created, synchronized accounts immediately transfer all contact information from your LMS to your Salesforce CRM. This makes customer training a seamless experience for the customer.
- Order tracking is possible because Salesforce can access order data as soon as a customer makes a purchase. This means, as soon as the sale is complete, the customer will automatically get access to the training material in the LMS.
- Allows you to easily view contact information, purchase history, and records of all communications with your support staff for the entire client relationship in one location. This data can be used to measure the impact of your customer training efforts. For instance, if several customers require support even after getting access to the training, then there may be a gap in your training material that you will need to address.
3. eCommerce Integration
Selling and distributing your courses will be incredibly easy with eCommerce integration.
Benefits Of eCommerce Integration:
- Enables you to determine a different price and tax strategy for a single customer or a particular group of customers based on their purchasing frequency, location, and other factors.
- Assists your learners in the process of creating an account, enrolling in courses, and completing them.
- Enables you to improve the user experience, and the likelihood that a customer will purchase on your website increases with a well-designed, simple-to-navigate store.
- Fostering secure payments, your clients will value the simplicity of making purchases without leaving your website. You can incorporate payment processors like PayPal and others into your LMS.
Make sure the eCommerce platform you select can accommodate all of your complex business requirements.
4. SSO (Single Sign-On) Integration
Have you ever been asked to use your Facebook or Gmail login information to access an internet service? If so, you have benefitted from Single Sign-On integration and identity verification gains.
SSO is incredibly convenient for the user. So much so that whenever asked to use one account to access an entirely unconnected website, you probably don’t think twice.
Similarly, SSO also has advantages for all users of your LMS, including your clients and other staff members. It offers streamlined access to CRM, virtual meetings, analytics, and more.
Benefits Of Single Sign-On Integration:
- Employees and learners benefit from an efficient workflow across all digital properties, thanks to a single username and password.
- Security breaches are much more likely to occur when users reuse the same passwords across various platforms. However, technologies like SSO reduce this risk. IT teams can anticipate receiving fewer calls from angry workers who have been “locked out” of their accounts.
5. Analytics Integration
Analytics for LMS is essential. Whether your LMS has built-in reporting tools or you’re learning from Web Analytics, you must gather your data frequently and early.
Utilizing learning analytics can significantly improve how practical your courses are.
Benefits Of Analytics Integration:
- Analysis tools allow you to evaluate a course’s efficiency by showing how well learners are doing and how much time they devote to various tasks.
- Customized reports can give valuable insights into your learners’ behavior and potential future performance.
- eCommerce analytics helps you to find popular and inadequate courses by pulling order reports and income data. It is simple to track business goals, determine the return on investment for each course, and make critical choices.
As outlined in the above article, LMS integrations can produce outstanding results while making life easier for your business and learners. These integrations enable your online learning platform to function more effectively and to the fullest extent possible. Summing up, some of the key benefits of LMS integrations are as follows:
- Streamlined transitions between your LMS and external web learning resources without intrusion.
- Simple real-time reporting and analytics.
- Synced customer information throughout your business eCommerce and LMS tools working together to enhance the customer experience.