At https://www.customerservicemanager.com (“CSM Magazine”) we recognise that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit CSM Magazine, and how we safeguard your information.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, CSM Magazine will collect and use your personal data for:
• subscription to our newsletter
• access to our discussion forum
• making article comments
• submitting content to our website
• responding to one of our polls or surveys
• email correspondence, promotions and information
Why does CSM Magazine need to collect and store personal data?
We need to collect some personal data to enable us to provide you with our newsletter, access to our discussion forum and comments system, promotions and email correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will CSM Magazine use the personal data it collects about you?
CSM Magazine will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. CSM Magazine is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
What personal data does CSM Magazine collect and store?
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we ask you to provide your name, company name and email address for the purposes of fulfilling your subscription and sending you service messages about your subscription. Once you are subscribed, we may store your subscription information, including its start date and any contacts you may have with us.
When you register to use our forum, you will be asked for personal data such as your name, e-mail address and a user name and password that you select. We collect this information to identify who you are and to facilitate your participation in our online forum.
When you make an online comment on our articles or features we ask you to register your name and email address in our comments system. This information is used to verify the comment is being made by a valid person and is not spam.
Email correspondence and promotional activities
When you contact us for any reason we may store your contact information that you have given us. This may include your name, email address, physical location and telephone number. This information is used for answering your queries and corresponding with you.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies. If you wish to block cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ to find out how, or check your browser’s instructions.
Advertising, analytics and third party websites
We may use third party advertisements on CSM Magazine to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes or showing personalised ads based on specific sites visited.
You always have the choice now and in the future to avoid personalised advertising based on your web browsing activity by visiting the EU online choices page, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Consumer Choice page, or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website from each of your browsers or devices.
CSM Magazine uses some third party services including Google AdSense, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and embedded video content from YouTube. Information about how Google uses information from CSM Magazine can be found here. You can opt-out of having your site activity available to Google Analytics here.
Whilst visiting CSM Magazine, certain information is automatically logged about how you are using our site. This information includes your IP address and the pages you visit while on our site. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. These logs enable us to prevent users who pose a security threat by refusing communications from their IP addresses to our site. If you are concerned that we have blocked in error an IP address that you use to access our site, please email us at email@example.com.
How you can find out the personal data that the organisation holds about you
CSM Magazine at your request, and upon proof of identity can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If CSM Magazine does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data controller or owner, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of CSM Magazine or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Opt-out and unsubscribe
You can opt-out of receiving correspondence from us or unsubscribe from the CSM Newsletter, forum or comments section at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the “unsubscribe” button that appears on our newsletter and promotional emails.
Links to other websites
The CSM Magazine website, or messages created by CSM Magazine, may contain links to other websites. CSM Magazine is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Users are advised to read the relevant privacy policies of these sites.
The information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
For more information on your personal data and privacy, or if you have any questions please contact our Data Controller below:
Ian Miller, Publisher/Editor
T/A Millcom Media Co (CSM Magazine)
Unit 1433, 109 Vernon House
Friar Lane, Nottingham, NG1 6DQ
Telephone: +44(0)115 8882244