Qt framework is a mature toolset that allows developers to create sleek and look-and-feel user interfaces, mobile and web applications as well as software for embedded systems. Qt earned trust among developers and customers due to its all-in-one and open-source nature.
Along with that Qt is used by a large number of popular applications and famous organizations. Let’s explore 10 successful cases of using Qt.
1. Adobe Photoshop Elements is a program – a graphics editor – that allows for importing, organizing, and editing digital images. It is based on Qt and can run on Windows OS and macOS.
2. EAGLE CAD IDE is a software application that is used for automating the design process of schematic capture, printed circuit board layout, and circuit diagrams. This software is also built with the help of Qt.
3. Google Earth is computer software that shows a 3D model of the Earth by the usage of satellite images. This program can help you virtually visit every corner of our planet from various angles. This program is developed with the use of the Qt framework.
4. TeamViewer is a computer software created for controlling and accessing computers and other hardware and maintaining them remotely. It is compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, iPadOS. So, it’s cross-platform and is developed with Qt.
5. Telegram is a service that provides end-to-end encrypted voice calls, video calls, and chats. It is cross-platform and cloud-based and its components are open-source. Telegram service is developed with Qt framework and is available on iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms.
Here are 5 famous organizations that use Qt for building software solutions for their customers
6. European Space Agency (ESA) cooperated with Qt company for building a 3D rendering software module that is integrated into ESA MAPPS planning tool that is based on Qt as well.
7. DreamWorks Pictures is Amblin Partners’ film distribution label. Their NxG Lighting tool is developed with Qt and DreamWorks team uses Qt framework to make the films.
8. LG Group is a large corporation with a number of subsidiaries such as LG Electronics, LG Display, LG Uplus, LG Chem, LG Solar Energy, and LG Household and Health Care. LG Group developed webOS – a definitive operating system for smart devices. webOS is compatible not only with LG devices and products but also with other OEMs’ products all over the world. LG created its webOS with the use of Qt framework.
9. HP Inc. is an IT company and a manufacturer of personal computers, laptops, and printers together with the accompanying software. And their software is built with the use of Qt framework as well.
10. Walt Disney Animation Studios is a famous animation studio that makes fascinating and unforgettable cartoons and movies for all of us. To create all their colorful and beautiful characters and other animation things, they use Autodesk Maya which is also based on Qt.
So, if you want your product to be cross-platform and you are trying to select the right technology for it, Qt framework is a perfect choice: just look how many popular companies use Qt-based software and Qt tools for building their solutions. Read more about QT software development cases and services.