Bad customer experiences are not hard to find these days. The key to success is to identify and correct poor service before it’s too late.
Poor customer service examples:
1. Reaching a checkout in the supermarket and the cashier refusing to serve you as he is “just closing the aisle”.
2. Phoning a call center and getting lost in an endless loop of voicemail recordings.
3. Having to invest your own money to use a supermarket trolley (to go and BUY things from them!)
4. Being treated like a criminal at airport security.
5. Not getting batteries with your recent gadget purchase.
6. Slow replies to support request emails when you’ve just purchased a product online.
7. Waiting more than 30 minutes for something to eat in a restaurant.
8. Calling up a call center and being unable to speak with a human being.
9. Having to wait in all day because the online shop you purchased from is unable to tell you when they will deliver.
10. Telephone companies charging extra if you want to pay your bill in cash.
What are your experiences of sub-standard service? Leave a comment below.
– being passed from person to person because no one knows the answer to your query
– the product you receive looks different to the one advertised
– you are charged postage because you want to return a product that you don’t like
– you are made to listen to crap music while you are waiting over the phone for a human being to talk to you
I recently shopped at a swimwear store. The lady did not ever smile, and told me i could not exchange because it upset her bookwork!
I went to a restaurant we were the only table in there my friend paid. We happened to take a taxi from where our car broke down when we were done we took a taxi back to the car soon after the police rolled in to arrest us due to dine and dash! Funny thing was we paid at the cashier and it was our waitress she said she asked if it was take out or dine she thought he said take out but we were the only people in there so to me I guess it made no sense. Then the manager three days later asked how they could fix it. I told her I just wanted our money back. She told me to come in the day after next and she would take care of it. I don’t have a vehicle so I took the public transit when I got there she made me wait 20 mins while I watched her work then she asked if she could give me a gift certificate for 20 dollars. I said no thank you just what we discussed over the phone, my money back. Then she made me wait another 20 mins while I heard her arguing on the phone with the owner. I just left and phoned back and said when you get it together please call. I haven’t heard another thing. It’s been going on a month.
* When the cashier NEVER makes eye contact through the entire transaction and acts like she doesn’t care.
* When anyone at any business place lies to you.
* When the person serving you rolls their eyes when you tell them something.
Allowing someone to push in front of me. E.g. stopped serving me to serve someone just come up to counter… then flipped me off..