As more and more people use their smartphones to access the internet, it is becoming increasingly important for businesses to have a mobile-friendly website.
Not only that, but you also need to have a well-optimized marketing strategy to reach your target audience. In this article, we will discuss ten ways that you can optimize your mobile marketing strategy.
1. Have a mobile friendly website
Make sure that your website is mobile-friendly. This means that it should be designed for smaller screens and touchscreens. It should also be easy to navigate and load quickly. Responsive design is a must for any website today. This means that your website will adjust to fit any screen size, from a desktop computer to a mobile phone.
2. Optimized your ads for mobile
The world is going mobile, and so are companies’ marketing strategies. According to eMarketer, mobile will account for nearly $9.5 billion in online advertising revenue in the US this year — a growth of 49%.
If you are running ads, make sure that they are optimized for mobile devices. This means that they should be relevant to your target audience and placed in locations where they are most likely to be seen.
Make sure that your email marketing campaigns are optimized for mobile devices. This means that the emails should be easy to read on a smaller screen and that the call-to-action buttons should be placed prominently.
3. Use Geo-tagging
When using geo-tagging, you’ll ensure that your message reaches the right audience. According to a Google study, half of shoppers are willing to provide their location for a $5 store credit or a $25 gift certificate.
You can also use geo-tagging to promote in-store events. This is accomplished by assigning users’ phones GPS coordinates that are then attached to their accounts whenever they use the application. The app, which serves to track these people, can send them coupons, discount offers and other incentives when they are nearby your business.
Companies should consider the privacy of their customers before implementing geo-tagging in their marketing campaigns. Although it can be useful for businesses looking to reach people across a country, it can also be dangerous if used inappropriately. While geo-tagging can help businesses make their ads more relevant, it can also be a form of stalking if done too much. It’s important to remember that there is a fine line between geo-tagging and stalking, and it can be difficult to find the right balance.
4. Use QR Codes
QR codes can be used to promote your brand and give customers a way to learn more about your products or services. You can use QR codes in print ads, on product packaging, or on business cards.
Including a QR code on your marketing materials will make it easy for customers to find out more about your business. You can also use QR codes to drive traffic to your website or social media pages.
5. Use push notifications
Another way to optimize your mobile marketing strategy is to use push notifications. You can use push notifications to send reminders, coupons, and updates to your customers. You can also use geo-tagging to send personalized messages based on location. For example, if someone is near one of your stores, you can send them a message about an ongoing sale or promotion. Make sure that your push notifications are relevant and engaging, or you risk turning off your customers.
6. Perform mobile email campaigns
More than 50% of email campaigns are opened on mobile devices. To make your emails optimized for mobile, you should include an image of the product, and a short text copy.
7. Get social
Regardless of the size of your business, you must ensure that your marketing strategy is compatible with different operating systems and devices. Social media is increasingly becoming an important channel for online businesses. In fact, 39% of all Twitter and Facebook users access their sites through their phones. Other popular mobile channels include Snapchat, Instagram, and Periscope, which utilize mobile to the fullest. This opens an endless number of opportunities for your business.
Make sure that your social media accounts are active and engaging. This means posting regularly and responding to comments and messages. Use large, high-resolution images and short and catchy headlines that look good on retina displays. You should also make it easy for people to share your content on social media.
8. Have a call to action
Make sure that you have a strong call-to-action on your mobile marketing materials. This means making it easy for people to take the next step, whether that is downloading an app, signing up for a newsletter, or making a purchase.
9. Use SMS marketing
Here are some tips on how you can use SMS marketing to improve your mobile marketing strategy:
- Include a CTA: Make sure that every text message you send includes a call-to-action. This could be in the form of a link, an image, or even just a short code. The goal is to get recipients to take action, whether it’s to buy a product, sign up for a service, or anything else.
- Make use of personalization: Take advantage of mobile marketing platforms that allow you to personalize your messages. This could involve using the recipient’s name or location in the message or tailoring the content to their interests.
- Send timely messages: Timing is everything when it comes to SMS marketing. You need to make sure that your messages are relevant and timely, or else you run the risk of them being ignored. You can send automated texts to notify your customers about special sales or events, as well as general updates on your products and services.
- Keep it short and sweet: SMS messages are limited to 160 characters, so you need to make every word count. This means getting straight to the point and avoiding unnecessary fluff.
- Include a link: Whenever possible, include a link in your SMS message. This could be to your website, a landing page, or even just an image. The goal is to make it easy for recipients to find out more about what you’re offering.
- Segment your audience: One of the great things about SMS marketing is that you can segment your audience and send targeted messages. This could be based on their location, age, gender, interests, or any other number of factors.
- Test, test, test: As with any marketing campaign, it’s important to test your SMS campaigns before you roll them out. This means sending out messages to a small group of people and seeing how they respond. Based on the results, you can make changes and adjustments before sending it to your entire list.
SMS marketing is a powerful tool that you can use to improve your mobile marketing strategy. By following these tips, you can make the most of this channel and reach your target audience more effectively.
10. Track your results
Make sure that you are tracking the performance of your mobile marketing campaigns. This means looking at metrics such as click-through rates, conversion rates, and bounce rates. By doing this, you will be able to see what is working and what needs to be improved.
Mobile marketing is a highly effective way to reach and engage customers on the go. With smartphones and tablets now the dominant form of internet activity, the need for mobile marketing has never been greater. By following these seven tips, you can be sure that your mobile marketing strategy is well-optimized and ready to reach your target audience.