A lot of time and money is spent on office furniture, but it’s also important to spend some time rearranging your office so that you feel comfortable in the space. It’s not always easy to find a good layout for an office because oftentimes there are factors like lack of light or noise that make a particular arrangement less desirable. You can use these 6 tips to help you rearrange your home office in a way that will make you more productive and happy while also making the room feel more personalized.
1. Consider the Layout
The first thing to consider when rearranging your office is the layout. The layout is the foundation for the rest of the office so it’s important to create a space that’s not only functional but also pleases you aesthetically. Changing the layout can be an additional expense, so try using Office Depot coupons in order to save some money without worrying about the prices too much. Here are some things to think about when considering your office layout:
- Arrangement of furniture: consider your workflow and what items will be used most often. Are all of your furniture pieces functional? Are there any pieces that don’t serve a purpose?
- Natural light: find a way to add more natural light to your office. A windowless room can be made more bearable by adding lamps with bright bulbs or energy-efficient lighting.
- Soundproofing options: you can invest in noise-canceling headphones, sound insulation panels, or strategically place plants to help absorb sound.
- Seating options: your seating arrangement should be comfortable for you, but try to avoid having too much seating so you don’t clutter up the room.
- Telephone set-up and accessories: make sure your phone is in a visible area where it’s easy to answer or charge it.
- Emergency equipment: have an extinguisher, fire blanket, first aid kit, and other safety equipment readily available for emergencies.
2. Add some life and color to your office
Arranging plants or flowers can help make a room look more welcoming and attractive. This is a good way to add some color and life to any room. Choose plants that are low maintenance so they don’t become a hassle to take care of. To arrange plants, first, choose the type of plant that fits your space the best. Next, choose where you want the plants to go in the room and how many there should be. Finally, select a plant pot size that will fit with your arrangement and set up a display with the plants so they look nice together.
3. Rearrange the furniture, make the most of your space
The best way to rearrange the furniture in your office is often dependent on how much space you have, but there are some things that you can do no matter what. One thing that could be done is to move your desk or other workstation into a location that provides more light. This will make it easier to work and will help with eye strain. Also, if possible, you should choose a chair with wheels as this will make it easy to move around the office if you need to. Adding a few personal touches to your office is a good way to make the space more comfortable and relaxing for you while also showing people that this is your own space and not someone else’s.
4. Get rid of anything that doesn’t serve a purpose in your office
If you’re looking to get rid of unnecessary items in your office, try to identify everything that’s occupying space in your room. Sometimes you’ll find that you have a lot of things in your office that aren’t serving a purpose and could be replaced with something better. For example, if you have an office plant you never take care of or a desk lamp that stays off most of the time because it’s too dim, then just getting rid of these items will free up space for better ones. When you’re getting rid of things, try to donate any items that are in good shape and just taking up space. This will help declutter your office while also freeing up some space for something new.
5. Move around any furniture that is too bulky for easy access to all parts of the room, like desks and file cabinets
One way to declutter your office space is by moving around any furniture, like desks and file cabinets, that are bulky and in the way. This will give you better access to all parts of the room so that you can move around more easily. When moving your desk, keep in mind the location of electrical outlets and phone lines as you don’t want to move your desk into a spot that makes it difficult or impossible to access. Put these outlets out of reach by mounting them on the ceiling or using a power strip with a short cord so that they can’t be yanked out of the wall. This is a good way to make your office safer because you’ll be able to protect against electrical hazards that can lead to injury or even fire. When moving around file cabinets, place them near desks as this will help increase storage space for files and paperwork as well as free up some room on the floor. It will also make it easier for visitors to take a seat if they need to.
6. Improve safety by storing flammable items in appropriate storage containers
While it might be tempting to save space in your office by stacking flammable objects together, this is not safe for several reasons. One reason is that if the object on top of the pile falls over, there’s a much greater chance of fire or other problems happening. Also, if the object on top falls over but doesn’t tip all the way to the floor, it could set fire to objects below causing a domino effect of more fires starting. To improve your office safety, you should store flammable items like papers and liquids in appropriate storage containers that keep them separate from other items.
Arranging your office space to better suit your needs and preferences will be a challenge, but it can help you focus more on work while also making the room feel like an extension of yourself. You might want to start by assessing what’s taking up too much space in the room or where furniture could move around for better flow. If you’re looking for inspiration when figuring out how to rearrange desks or add personal touches, take a look at this article with 6 tips that will change your workspace forever!