There are many reasons why a marketing strategy is important for every business. Every business’s success depends on many different factors, but no matter how good your products and your employees are, in the end, your marketing strategy will be what makes or breaks your business.
Of course, not all of your marketing campaigns will be as successful as you hope. However, there are some strategies that have worked time and time again in the past for many enterprises, so you can be sure they will be effective for your business, too.
Send a clear message
Before you even start to develop any kind of marketing campaign, you need to be sure of what kind of message you want to convey with your campaigns. Throughout all of your marketing elements, you need to keep this message prominent and consistent.
The best way to make sure your message is clear and concise is to define your brand values. You can do this by answering the following questions:
- What makes your company so different and better than your competitors?
- What are your company’s greatest strengths and how do you plan to apply them?
- What are your ideal customers’ needs which aren’t currently being met by the market and how can you change that?
Once you’ve defined your message through your brand values and goals, you will be able to create marketing campaigns that target your ideal customers much better.
Build an SEO-friendly website
Having a website has become standard practice for businesses. While in the past it might have been enough just to have a company website, nowadays you need to think about how to make your website Google-friendly with enterprise SEO.
Search engine optimization is currently one of the most important marketing strategies and 61% of marketers believe that SEO is the key to online success.
Even though it is very complex and is constantly changing, there are some strategies you know you can rely on to ensure your website gets a high-ranking position:
- Link building. One of the factors Google uses to rank websites is their credibility and the quality of links. If you include many high-quality links from reputable sites, that is a sign for Google that your website is reputable and deserves good ranking.
- Keyword research. To attract your target audience, you need to know what they’re searching for online. By performing keyword research, you will be able to implement high-quality keywords in your content that will show Google that your website is something your customers want to see.
- The right keyword placement. It’s not enough just to include the right keywords, you also need to know where to place them. The most effective places for keyword placement include the SEO title, page/post (H1) title, the permalink (page URL), subheadings, and image alt-tags.
- Technical SEO. Another big factor Google takes into account when ranking websites is their performance. You’ll have a bigger chance of getting a high-ranking position if your page loading speed is fast, as well as if you include site maps, have SEO-friendly themes, and implement internal links.
Take advantage of word-of-mouth marketing
Marketing strategies go in and out of style all the time, but one that will always be effective is word-of-mouth. This is one of the most trusted marketing channels, as it brings in 5 times more sales than paid media.
Word-of-mouth has been around for as long as anyone can remember and it has a very simple premise. When someone likes your business and products, they will recommend them to their friends and family.
One of the biggest advantages of this marketing strategy is that it allows you to bring in new customers without spending too much money. Digitalization has allowed companies to run word-of-mouth campaigns online, and one of the most popular ways to do it is through affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a partnership where your existing customers invite their friends and family to your business. Every time a conversion takes place, the affiliate receives a commission or an incentive of your choice as a reward for bringing business to your company.
Create a personalized inbound marketing strategy
Inbound marketing, also known as “new marketing” has replaced the way companies interact with their customers. While communication used to be a one-way street with outbound marketing, inbound marketing has found a way to have valuable interactive communications with customers.
It has proven to be an irreplaceable part of bringing new customers to enterprise businesses, and the key to this is personalization. When you make your customers realize that you care about them as people, not just as a way to make a profit, your marketing campaigns will be much more successful. Personalized inbound marketing drives new leads to your website with relevant and targeted content.
This content is produced with your brand voice and its main goal is to be engaging, educational, as well as entertaining. When this content is unique and tailored to target your ideal customer, leads will find your business much more appealing.
Focus on lead scoring
No two leads are the same, and while every lead has some potential to become your customer in the long run, you need to know which leads have more potential. With lead scoring, you can rank your prospective leads on the likelihood they have to convert into a customer or client.
Lead scoring takes the sales funnel into great consideration. It also takes into account factors such as demographics and user behavior to identify which customers have a mild interest and which are more invested in your business.
When you determine who is further along the funnel and closer to conversion, you will be able to identify your highest-ranking leads. These are the people who are most likely to convert without too much attention from you.
By determining the amount of attention and effort each lead in your funnel requires, you will be able to nurture specific lead relationships. As an enterprise business, you will get the most out of this marketing campaign if you use customer relationship management (CRM) software to automate the process.
Growing your company from a small business to an enterprise is a challenge on its own, but if you really want to be successful, you need to focus on that growth every day. If you implement the marketing strategies you just read about, you can be sure you are heading in the right direction for success.