When it comes to defining excellence in guest service the first challenge is to remain objective. One person’s service expectations may not be the same as another person’s. Let’s first agree that our needs as clients are generally the same; courtesy, a listening ear, an understanding of our requirements and a willingness to help when we need it.
Here are 5 ways to define excellent guest service:
1. Flexible in approach to check in times (hotel)
2. Friendly, attentive and empowered staff
3. Personalized customer experience and attention to detail
4. Clean, tidy comfortable rooms (hotel)
5. Being treated as you would like to be treated yourself
Keep these skills in mind when you are training your department to deal with customers and you will surely meet or even exceed the most exacting guest standards.