The main issue among the 4% is communication. I have decided to base the strategy around turning the 4% into satisfied customers and the 96% into delighted customers, with a goal of 100% customer delight.
I feel that good customer satisfaction is less than what is required nowadays to provide good customer service.
The strategy is based on the following priorities:
1. Consistent, accessible, relevant information from all channels - web, email, letter, telephone etc.
2. Providing a pro-active service
3. Adding value to the service
4. Building structures from the customer backwards
5. Providing methods for measuring customer service
6. Sustaining the strategy through review and revision
7. Giving ownership of customer service to the entire organisation
The criteria used to choose these priorities were: external customer service must benefit, internal customer service must benefit, profits must be maximised.
Do you think that's ok?